This glossary is intended to inform users on what the terminology used throughout the Postano platform and product base means.
- A campaign in Postano is a collection of social streams related to a specific campaign, event, or idea. It is typically centered on a specific hashtag.
- Primary tab on a campaign that enables you to select which content is approved or rejected for visualizations or embeds.
- Primary tab on campaign that provides a comprehensive and interactive dashboard, usually a hashtag based campaign.
- Campaigns - Settings for a campaign enables editing of the campaign name, setting up and revising brand accounts, hashtag streams, other social network streams, publish settings, filters, ability to clear the moderation queue, and deleting a campaign.
- Visualization/web embeds - Settings for a visualization/web embed enables editing of the visualization/web embed name, managing the streams including adding new, activating/deactivating existing and changing the moderation settings.
- Stands for User Generated Content.
- UGC is a dashboard in Analytics that shows all user generated content for a selected hashtag.
- Brand represents the official social accounts promoting or sponsoring a hashtag campaign.
- It is a dashboard in Analytics that displays information about hashtag posts from these accounts. These accounts are set up per campaign in the campaign setup workflow or edited in campaign settings.
- Analysis and insight about the participants of a campaign, meaning the people who posted content that is part of the campaign collection of posts. Insights include gender, age groups, ethnicity, countries, interests, brands, influencers, tv shows.
- Demographics is a dashboard in Analytics.
- Demographics of participants in Postano is powered by StatSocial. More information can be found at StatSocial.com.
- Many campaigns are not limited to Twitter and Instagram. For counts and insight beyond Instagram and Twitter, Add’l Networks enables the ability to monitor 14 additional social networks and sources.
- Custom enables users to build their own charts and graphs and create a custom dashboard.
- A single source of social content that continuously updates. A stream is connected to a specific social network and is based on a single criteria like a hashtag or a user account.
- A stream based on a hashtag.
- A stream with additional filter rules that exclude or include specific content.
- Collection of streams that are active in an account.
- A single piece of content published to a social network. It may include text, image, video, and other meta data like author and time published.
- Represents the amount of total potential views for single posts based on the author’s follower count or size of audience.
- The sum of all the potential impressions for a given set of posts.
- The type of plan associated with a Postano account. For Hashtag Analytics, plans include Basic, Plus, and Pro. For products and options beyond Hashtag Analytics, there is a single plan Custom, which includes higher threshholds and additional products like Embeds, Visualizations, and Command Center.
- A social media user who has at least one follower or friend. Their influence is determined by how many followers or friends that they have.
- Analyzed on a per post basis, Audience Attitude refers to the emotion behind a social media post. This metric is displayed in Hashtag Analytics as either positive or negative attitude.
- Users, other than the author, that are included or mentioned in posts.
- Words that are used often within a specific collection of posts.
- Measurement of how many actions happen on a post by other users. This includes like, favorite, comment, retweet, etc.
- How many posts in total were posted on a network based on a specific set of criteria, like hashtag by UGC.
- Klout is a measurement score by Lithium that indicates how influential a user is on social networks. Top score is 100.